With the large amount of possible unrestricted free agents coming up on February 27th (12) for the Steelers, one player that the team is reportedly already looking at bringing back is CB Bryant McFadden. Here is a report on that from Sports Illustrated:
According to Sports Illustrated’s Don Banks, the Steelers have already decided on their top free agent priority and plan to try to re-up starting cornerback Bryant McFadden before free agency begins on Feb. 27. With $19 million in cap room, Pittsburgh has some room to get McFadden under contract while also either re-upping Max Starks or trying to bring in free agent offensive line help. If McFadden was allowed to leave in free agency, the Steelers’ best in-house option would be William Gay, who was surprisingly solid as a nickel back this year.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on