The 49’ers continue to look at options to upgrade their offensive line, and the Sacramento Bee reports that the team has made an offer to former Steelers offensive tackle Marvel Smith. The agent for Smith says that he is going to take a weekend to think over the deal.
Smith, who was released by the Steelers, does have a history of back problems, but the team must think he is okay after he came in this past week for a meet-and-greet with the team which included general manager Scot McCloughan and coach Mike Singletary.
The 49ers are looking for an upgrade at the right tackle spot, a position that saw three different players play the role in 2008.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on