The Post-Gazette has gotten a couple more names that have been released by the Steelers:
Running backs Carey Davis, Justin Vincent and rookie Isaac Redman, linebacker Bruce Davis and veteran cornerback Anthony Madison were among the players who were informed of their release yesterday.
Also among the 22 players who were waived is former Penn State center A.Q. Shipley, a Moon High School graduate and one of the team’s seventh-round draft choices. Shipley said he was told the Steelers will try to sign him to the practice squad if he clears waivers.
One local player who made it is safety Ryan Mundy, who played at Woodland Hills High School, Michigan and West Virginia. Tomlin confirmed that Mundy and kick-returner Stefan Logan sealed their positions on the 53-man roster with their performances in the final preseason game Thursday night in Carolina.
Redman was the star back of camp, but it was not enough for him to make the final roster.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on