The Post-Gazette has gotten a couple more names that have been released by the Steelers:
Running backs Carey Davis, Justin Vincent and rookie Isaac Redman, linebacker Bruce Davis and veteran cornerback Anthony Madison were among the players who were informed of their release yesterday.
Also among the 22 players who were waived is former Penn State center A.Q. Shipley, a Moon High School graduate and one of the team’s seventh-round draft choices. Shipley said he was told the Steelers will try to sign him to the practice squad if he clears waivers.
One local player who made it is safety Ryan Mundy, who played at Woodland Hills High School, Michigan and West Virginia. Tomlin confirmed that Mundy and kick-returner Stefan Logan sealed their positions on the 53-man roster with their performances in the final preseason game Thursday night in Carolina.
Redman was the star back of camp, but it was not enough for him to make the final roster.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on