Pro Football Talk talks about how the Steelers likely won’t do much to keep either running back Willie Parker and kicker Jeff Reed past this season:
Rumor has it that the Steelers won’t try hard to keep either running back Willie Parker or placekicker Jeff Reed, both impending free agents, after this season ends. Parker has proven ineffective and injury-prone, like he was for most of last season and has lost his starting job to Rashard Mendenhall. Reed has embarrassed the organization with a pair of run-ins with the law and he might simply be not worth the off the field headaches to keep around.
There’s no doubt that Parker in my opinion is as good as gone. He complained about the lack of running the team did last season, and would likely love a shot at a big payday to get to a club that runs more. As for Reed, he’d better shape up off the field, or the Steelers are going to have to start looking at options at kicker, as they won’t put up with his antics of getting arrested like he’s 21.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on