The Steelers seem to like a little quarterback in their wide receivers, and maybe that’s why they’re bringing Arnaz Battle in for a visit this weekend according to The Sacramento Bee. The seven-year veteran of the San Francisco 49ers, Battle played quarterback for two years at Notre Dame before moving to wide receiver. Battle was drafted in the sixth round by the 49ers in 2003 and his career peaked during the 2006-07 seasons when he caught 109 passes for 1,286 yards.
Battle, 30, has spent seven seasons with the 49ers after being a sixth-round draft out of Notre Dame in 2003. He has 178 catches, 2,150 yards and 11 touchdowns in his NFL career. His best season was in 2006 when he had 56 catches, 686 yards and three touchdowns.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on