The Steelers already have themselves a good center in Justin Hartwig, but reports say they have an interest in a player they have seen plenty of in Cleveland, that being center Hank Fraley. Cleveland.com reports that the Steelers have talked to Fraley’s agent about coming back to Pittsburgh, where he spent a preseason with the Steelers before being released:
Here’s a rarity — the Steelers expressing interest in a lineman released by the Browns.
Agent Ralph Cindrich wrote on his Twitter account that the Steelers have called about Hank Fraley, who was cut by the Browns last week. Cindrich said there is no visit planned as yet.
Fraley would love to end up in Pittsburgh, where his NFL career started. After playing left tackle at Robert Morris College, Fraley was groomed in one week as a center to increase his NFL marketability. The Steelers signed him as an undrafted free agent. He played all four exhibition games but was released at the final cut.
He would add depth to the O-line. He played with the Eagles and the Browns, but was released last week to open the door for the Browns first-round pick from last season, Alex Mack. So what do you think, is Fraley worth it to add to this roster?
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on