It looks as from the sounds of it the Steelers will not decide if they are going to do anything to their franchise or not till after the investigation is complete:
Steelers President Art Rooney said he will allow the investigation of sexual assault charges against quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to finish before the team decides what direction it might take on the matter. While Rooney declined to discuss the situation, he did say the team has time on its side before it looks at making any personnel moves to bring in a quarterback. “I mean, look that’s one of the things, we do have a little bit of luxury of time,” Rooney said this afternoon during an interview at Steelers offices, his first public comments since he issued a statement last week. “If we were at a different point in the year we may have to be thinking and doing something different. But at the moment, I think we’re in a situation we’re going to let this investigation play out and then go from there.” Police in Milledgeville, Ga., are investigating an accusation brought by a 20-year-old woman who said Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her in the bathroom of a club in the early morning hours of March 5.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on
- Tomlin Says Roethlisberger’s Velocity is “Excellent” Throwing the Football on
- Former Steelers WR Antonio Brown Says He’s Retiring From the NFL – Again on
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on