Peter King in his Monday Morning QB talked about Dick LeBeau going into the HOF on Saturday, and a quote from the Steelers D-coordinator was a ‘Quote of the Week’ in his column:
“They’re here tonight, and I’ve got to tell you, that’s about the highest compliment I’ve ever been paid in my life.”
— Former Lions cornerback and longtime innovative NFL coach Dick LeBeau, looking out at the 80 current Steeler players who bused two-and-a-half hours to Canton for his induction ceremony — including several, like James Harrison, who wore LeBeau’s Throwback number 44 Lions jersey — and several former players, including Joey Porter, Rod Woodson, Clark Haggans and Alan Faneca.
That’s the memorable moment of the weekend. I’ve never seen or heard of an entire team of 80 players — some who don’t know Dick LeBeau — coming to a Hall ceremony, along with a former boss (Dan Rooney) who flew in from Ireland and some former players too. That’s the Steelers.
I couldn’t agree more. I thought LeBeau’s brother did a great job inducting his younger brother, and also Dick himself gave a classy and very thoughtful speech. It gave me goosebumps seeing the Steeler players and coaches with their Terrible Towels waving in Canton.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on