Arnaz Battle is hoping he gets a shot to be a contributor on both special teams as well as at the WR spot for the Steelers in 2010.
Dubious might not be the word for it. But veteran wide receiver Arnaz Battle is working on a unique streak when it comes to offensive coordinators. “Eight in eight years,” Battle said. “Every year you’re trying to impress a new face, a new guy that comes in.” Battle, 30, is hoping the stability that proved to be so elusive in San Francisco can be found in Pittsburgh. The Steelers, in turn, are looking for Battle to help stabilize their kickoff coverage unit, which gave up four touchdowns last season. The 6-foot-1, 208-pound Battle is a wedge buster, and his reputation as a special teams player is such that it allowed him to stay with the 49ers even after they underwent a youth movement at wide receiver. “I see myself contributing on offense,” Battle said. “You need depth at positions, and I feel like with this offense I’ve grasped several positions.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on