Sports Illustrated reports that Byron Leftwich wants another opinion on his sprain, which will keep him out a couple of weeks to start the season.
The Pittsburgh Steelers currently are planning to play their first game of the season without Ben Roethlisberger or Byron Leftwich at quarterback. With Leftwich expected to miss two-to-four weeks with a sprained MCL, Leftwich may not be available for any of the four games of Roethlisberger’s suspension. But Leftwich isn’t ready to give up yet. Per a league source, he’s seeking a second opinion regarding the severity of his injury and, more importantly, the duration of his absence.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Bring the Pain on Mayfield, Browns in 38-7 Win to Move to 5-0 on
- The Day After: Thoughts on the Steelers After Beating the Eagles, Moving on to the Browns on
- Claypool Chases Down History, Steelers Stay Perfect in 38-29 Win Over Eagles on
- Steelers Lower the Boom on Watson and the Texans, Move to 3-0 with 28-21 Win on
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on