Sports Illustrated reports that Byron Leftwich wants another opinion on his sprain, which will keep him out a couple of weeks to start the season.
The Pittsburgh Steelers currently are planning to play their first game of the season without Ben Roethlisberger or Byron Leftwich at quarterback. With Leftwich expected to miss two-to-four weeks with a sprained MCL, Leftwich may not be available for any of the four games of Roethlisberger’s suspension. But Leftwich isn’t ready to give up yet. Per a league source, he’s seeking a second opinion regarding the severity of his injury and, more importantly, the duration of his absence.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on