Ward says that despite the injury, he will go Sunday when the 6-3 Steelers host the 5-4 Oakland Raiders at Heinz Field.
Ward said he could have gone back in the game, but was prevented from doing so by the Steelers’ medical staff.
“I felt like I could have played but our (doctors) felt otherwise,” Ward said. “It’s my body. I feel like if I want to go back out there I should have the right. They saw me tripping over the grass and the league was going to make a big deal about it, them putting me back out there.”
Ward got hit in the first quarter following what looked to be a a five-yard reception, which was then ruled incomplete.
“I’m a competitor and I want to be out there, especially against the New England Patriots,” Ward said. “I worked my tail off all week to get in that position and I got dinged up.”
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on