Pro Football Weekly reports that the Steelers are not going to be quick on pulling the plug on Doug Legursky at guard, and he will start vs the Seahawks tomorrow.
Steelers ORG Doug Legursky struggled vs. Ravens Pro Bowl DT Haloti Ngata in Week One. Yet, head coach Mike Tomlin, when asked if Legursky had played well enough to keep his starting role, replied, “He did.” Pittsburgh has sought a long-term fix at right guard for several years, and Legursky is the latest to get a chance to hold down the position. Certainly, there will be more favorable matchups for Legursky than Ngata. Nevertheless, his play, as well as that of rookie ORT Marcus Gilbert, who replaces Willie Colon, who’s out for the season with a triceps injury, will be worth monitoring.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on