Nobody knows what new Dolphins receiver Mike Wallace is capable of quite like Ben Roethlisberger. On Thursday, the Steelers quarterback called in to The Finsiders to give a quick scouting report on his former teammate.
“Love Mike, was sad to see him go,” Roethlisberger said. ”He’s a great teammate, obviously a great player, but I thought he was even better off the field. Just a great guy, great teammate. Miami is very lucky to have him because he’s a great player.”
When an athlete has a skill that is so overwhelming, it tends to lead a vocal minority to undervalue his overall ability. Wallace isn’t immune to this. Many think that, because he is so fast, he must be be a poor route runner or an inconsistent pass catcher.
Roethlisberger said, though, that the “one-trick pony” label isn’t fair or accurate.
“Mike is way more,” Roethlisberger said. “It’s to Mike’s credit. Mike is really focused on becoming a better receiver. So he’s focused on his route running. He’s focused on running out-routes, and curl-routes, and in-routes and doing all the little things that’s required to become a great wide receiver.
“That’s why he, to me, is one of the best in the league, because he not only has that speed – he can run by anybody – but he can run routes and he can get open. That’s why we’re going to miss him, and the Dolphins are lucky to have him.”
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on