Training camp is nearing by the second, and while there’s a couple positions that are up for grabs, two vets will start the season as those starters according to Bob Labriola of Steelers.com.
Bob, who will have a pre-camp interview with coach Mike Tomlin posted Wednesday, tweeted the following about two positions that will be competed for during camp in terms of starters to start camp.
— Bob Labriola (@BobLabriola) July 23, 2013
Allen will get the start at camp over William Gay, who is back with the team after one season with the Cardinals. He takes over the spot left when Keenan Lewis took a huge deal to go to New Orleans this offseason.
As for Worilds, he’s trying to hold off first-round draft pick Jarvis Jones, who is rumored to be ready to step in and be the starter at OLB for the Steelers once the season starts.
Worilds had five sacks and 26 tackles last season in 16 games for the Steelers, a career-high number as far as sacks go after having five combined his first two seasons in the league.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on