Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin today spoke to the media as the team gets set for its final preseason game Thursday night when they head to play the Panthers.
The coach ruled out the following players:
RB Le’Veon Bell
LB Jarvis Jones (AC chest joint sprain)
RB Isaac Redman
TE Heath MIller (still on PUP)
The coach also said that Landry Jones will get most of the playing time at quarterback. As far as the running backs go, Jonathan Dwyer, Felix Jones and LaRod Stephens-Howling will get long looks and most of the carries.
Tomlin said that so far he’s not been pleased with the play of the special teams, a unit that has allowed a blocked field goal, a blocked punt and a kickoff return for a score in three games.
He also said that the play of young backup linebackers on special teams Thursday will go a long way in trying to figure out who in fact makes the Steelers final roster.
Final cutdown day for the league is Saturday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on