The Steelers next big thing is ready to go, as first-round pick Jarvis Jones will start opposite LaMarr Woodely at outside linebacker on Monday vs the Bengals.
“That’s the way it is right now,” Jones said after practice to the Post-Gazette. “As long as I continue to keep doing what I’m doing, I hope it stays like that.”
Jones has been making plays all preseason and made one of the few memorable plays on Sunday vs the Titans in the 16-9 loss, so it’s a good decision to get him on the field as much as possible.
The play took place when Jones slammed Chris Johnson on a run play, stopping him for a 2-yard loss.
Jason Worilds will still play Monday night, but will start the game on the bench for the Steelers.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on