As we talked about on Monday, the growing thought is that punter Zoltan Mesko, who was brought in right before the season, won’t be the punter when the Steelers play his old team the Patriots on Sunday.
David Todd from 970 ESPN in Pittsburgh stated as much today on Twitter.
I don't expect Zoltan Mesko to be the #Steelers punter on Sunday.
— David Todd (@DavidMTodd) October 29, 2013
Mesko is making $540,000 this season, and was brought in to take over for Drew Butler, who was released in what was a shocking move before the opener vs the Titans.
Last year with the Pats, Mesko had gross and net punt averages of 43.1 and 37.9 yards.
It remains to be seen if he will be on the roster when Sunday comes along after Sunday’s bobbled punt that was blocked in the 21-18 loss to the Raiders.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Bring the Pain on Mayfield, Browns in 38-7 Win to Move to 5-0 on
- The Day After: Thoughts on the Steelers After Beating the Eagles, Moving on to the Browns on
- Claypool Chases Down History, Steelers Stay Perfect in 38-29 Win Over Eagles on
- Steelers Lower the Boom on Watson and the Texans, Move to 3-0 with 28-21 Win on
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on