Keisha Kirkland, a former weathercaster at WYFF in Greenville, S.C., and wife of former Steelers linebacker Levon Kirkland, has died of lung cancer. She was 41.
Kirkland, who did not smoke, was diagnosed shortly after she joined WYFF in 2008, according to the station. She continued to work at WYFF while undergoing treatment before finally signing off in May 2013. Here’s more from the station’s obituary:
Keisha, a native of Danville, Ky., attended the University of Louisville. During her senior year of chiropractic school at Life University, Keisha learned she had pituitary macro adenoma. After several brain surgeries, temporary paralysis, and a painstaking recovery, Keisha beat the diagnosis. She earned her Doctor of Chiropractic degree at Life University, graduating with honors in 2000.
Keisha’s husband is former Clemson star and NFL All-Pro linebacker Levon Kirkland. When Keisha was diagnosed, their daughter, Kennedy, was 5.
Thoughts and prayers to the Kirkland family.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on