If you can think back to last training camp, a lot of talk was on the amount of weight running back Jonathan Dwyer lost prior to the 2013 season. Dwyer still ended up being released from the team but found himself back on the roster when the Steelers were hurting at running back. Dwyer is now a free agent starting March 11.
The desire of the Steelers’ would be to re-sign the 24-year-old Dwyer, as he supplied the offense with a good second option when Le’Veon Bell needed a breather. Dwyer finished the season with 49 carries, 197 yards, and an average of 4.0 yards a run.
When talking to Dwyer over the last week, Dwyer told me that he was going to be in better shape and even thinner than he was last season. Dwyer and I talked over Twitter.
@NFLNSTUFF training is great I’m almost where I want too be physical def will look slimmer than even last year
Dwyer was nice enough to continue tweeting me after and we had a nice conversation. From Steelers Gab, we would like to wish him the best in the future!
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on