For many, the news that the Pittsburgh Steelers had released receiver Lance Moore from the team on Monday was no surprise.
We have released wide receiver Lance Moore. pic.twitter.com/AqHjso0GM7
— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) March 2, 2015
Moore, who was picked up as a free agent for the 2014 season and was given a two-year, $3 million contract. At 31, Moore had reportedly been frustrated with his lack of playing time and requested his release after rookie Martavis Bryant was able to secure the third receiver position as the team progressed last season.
Moore recorded just 14 receptions for 198 yards and two touchdowns with the Steelers after spending eight seasons with the New Orleans Saints.
With Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton and Bryant stepping to the forefront, it is likely the Steelers will address the wide receiver position, but will not be in the market for a high-dollar free agent and may even fill the fourth spot with an undrafted rookie free agent once training camp arrives.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on