The Pittsburgh Steelers tricked many, including NFL insider Ian Rapaport, by standing firm in the second round of the 2015 NFL Draft. With the number 56 pick overall, the Steelers selected cornerback Sanquez Golson of Ole Miss (Rebels).
Golson was a Bronko Nagurski finalist and unanimous first-team All-American and first-team All-SEC player in 2014 at the University of Mississippi. Golson tied the school record for interceptions with 10 and made 10 starts in 2013 with 41 total tackles. In 2012, Golson played for both the football and baseball teams. Golson was also elected in the eighth round of the 2011 Major League Baseball draft by Boston Red Sox as a center fielder.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on
- Video – Steelers Defense Spooky Highlights: A Nightmare in Pittsburgh on