The Steelers official website has put out the teams’ first depth chart for 2015, and you can look at the entire piece at the link HERE.
Here’s some thoughts as we look ahead for the Steelers-Vikings on Sunday night in Canton, Ohio at the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
* The piece says the starting 11 on offense is intact for the first time this summer, a great thing and for an offense that is expected to be possibly the best in the league, it will be fun to see if the team can come out right away firing on all cylinders, even if it’s for 1-2 series against the Vikings.
* I like that Mike Tomlin is not right away giving the number two wide out job to Martavis Bryant, who should get plenty of chances to be a big part of this offense. Markus Wheaton will be the number two, at least for this game, and while he and Bryant should have a great fight the rest of the summer, for now keep them in order with Wheaton as the number two and Bryant as the number three.
* As the article points out – the Steelers right now really need to either find or pick up an offensive tackle that either can play or that has veteran experience.
* The starting 11 on defense for the first day of OTAs remains the starting 11 for the preseason opener, which again I like as it gives these players some time to gel before there’s any major lineup shuffling before the team takes the field in New England.
* Brandon Boykin, the newest Steeler, is listed behind Cortez Allen at the corner spot on Sunday, and many seem to feel that unless Allen gets his act together on the field, in a hurry, Boykin will eventually be the starter ahead of Allen, who was awful a year ago.
* No. 1 pick Bud Dupree is the only rookie listed with the second-team, which I can understand but expect big things from this kid. Right now a player who really stepped up a season ago Arthur Moats, is the starter at LOB with Dupree as the backup.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on