The Steelers today traded punter Brad Wing to the New York Giants for a conditional seventh-round draft pick, meaning the punting duties for the black and gold will go to Jordan Berry to start 2015..
Berry averaged 49.8 yards on 19 punts, with six landing inside the opponents’ 20-yard-line. He is a first-year player from Eastern Kentucky.
Wing, who was the teams’ punter in 2014, averaged just a yard less per punt (48.8) and had four downed inside the 20. As a rookie last season, Wing averag 43.7 yards, ranking 32nd in the league.
If there’s one spot on the Steelers that seems to change from year to year it’s that of punter. This is the 9th punter to start the season in Mike Tomlin’s nine seasons.
Overall the Steelers punting job has changed hands 12 times, and Berry is the Steelers fifth punter over the past 25 months.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on