On Friday, the Pittsburgh Steelers reportedly released seven players ahead of the 4 p.m. deadline to the 53-man roster on Saturday, September 4, and traded punter Brad Wing.
According to several NFL sources, the Steelers parted ways with receivers Shakim Phillips and Jarrod West, outside linebacker Howard Jones, linebacker L.J. Fort and defensive linemen Ethan Hemer and Mike Thornton as well as cornerback Kevin Fogg.
The Steelers continue to trim their roster ahead of their 2015 regular season debut this upcoming Thursday against the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots and embattled quarterback Tom Brady.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on