The Pittsburgh Steelers entered week four preparations knowing that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger would not be playing against the Baltimore Ravens on Thursday Night Football (CBS). Michael Vick will get his first regular season start for the Steelers at Heinz Field. In addition to being without Roethlisberger, the Steelers will not have linebacker Ryan Shazier, tight end Matt Spaeth or defensive tackle Dan McCullers.
Shazier is still suffering from the stinger injury he received in week two while McCullers is attempting to rehab a bad knee and Spaeth was forced to have his hand placed into a cast after fracturing it in the week three game against the Rams.
Cornerback Cortez Allen, who has lost favor with coaches due to his inability to practice, is listed as questionable. Ross Cockrell and Antwon Blake will likely start over Allen even if he is available on Thursday night.
James Harrison injured a thumb against the Rams but is listed as probable, as is center Cody Wallace who dealt with an illness this week.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on