The injury that Le’Veon Bell suffered in Sunday’s loss to the Bengals will sideline him for the final 9 games plus any other game the Steelers play in for the 2015 campaign.
Today the team inked running back Isaiah Pead, formerly of the St.Louis Rams, their second round pick of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Pead, from Columbus Ohio, appeared in 15 games for the Rams in 2012, and carried the ball just 10 times total for 54 yards. He was suspended for the 2013 season opener for violating the substance abuse policy, and in 2013 played in 10 games, rushing the ball 7 times for 21 yards.
He missed all of 2014 after being injured on a kickoff during the Rams 2nd preseason game against the Green Bay as he torn his ACL.
The #Steelers signed free agent running back Isaiah Pead to take Bell’s spot on the roster.
— TribLIVE Radio (@TribLiveRadio) November 2, 2015
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on