Four weeks ago the Steelers got away with not losing quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for the season after it looked like it could have been a season ending injury.
The news on Le’Veon Bell isn’t as lucky.
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, an MRI following Bell’s injury against the Bengals shows that he “badly tore” his MCL, and it’s not almost a for sure that his season is over.
Schefter said in the tweet that Bell will be re-evaluated Monday, but unless there’s a miracle he’s carried the ball for the last time this season.
MRI showed Le'Veon Bell "badly tore" his MCL, as @steelersdepot reported. Bell will be re-evaluated Monday, but season-ending IR likely.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 2, 2015
Bell went down for the second straight season against the Bengals at home. Last year he was hurt in the regular season finale vs Cincinnati and missed the playoff loss to the Ravens.
Now it looks like they will have to play the final nine games of the regular season without him, and the running duties will have to go to DeAngelo Williams, who started the first two regular season games while Bell was suspended.
On the year, Bell had 511 yards with three touchdowns.
The running back did send out a tweet to show his thanks for fans that teammates that wished him well after he was injured.
I appreciate the concern and support from everybody who's sent me txts, tweets, phone calls, etc…I'll be okayy, love youu all! #Juice
— Le'Veon Bell (@L_Bell26) November 2, 2015
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on