The Steelers today announced they have promoted CB Doran Grant to the active roster from the practice squad, releasing WR Tyler Murphy.
Grant, who played his college ball at Ohio State, was drafted by the Steelers in the 4th round with the 121st selection in the 2015 NFL draft.
The team released him on September 6th, but then brought him back to the practice squad the following day.
At Ohio State he played in 54 career games with 30 starts, recording 146 tackles (110 solo), 9 interceptions, a sack, four tackles for losses and 20 pass break-ups.
Murphy was signed as an undrafted free agent back in May, and played in the teams’ season opener against the Patriots, making a 16-yard catch in the fourth quarter that had BetFred promo customers dancing for joy.
After being back and forth off the practice squad, he was added to the Steelers’ active roster on October 24th, and served as the backup QB to Landry Jones in the teams loss to the Chiefs on October 25th.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on