If there was a week to get Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Heath Miller into the big picture on offense, it comes in Week 12 against the Seattle Seahawks. Miller has spent a majority of time this season doing extra duty as a blocker due to the rotation of healthy quarterbacks fielded by Pittsburgh.
Heath Miller has long been a favorite outlet for Ben Roethlisberger and this week, the Steelers can capitalize on a major weakness in the Seahawk’s defense – an inability to shut down strong tight ends.
Seattle couldn’t stop the 49ers on Sunday from getting Vance McDonald a 19-yard touchdown and allowing four catches for 65 yards. They couldn’t shut down Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert. They struggled against Greg Olsen. The list continues.
With Roethlisberger ‘hurt’, yet earning offensive honors in Week 10, it would be a dagger to the heavy press and sack-happy Seattle defense to watch Miller have a season high game against them.
Miller is due. Week 12 should be his coming out party for 2015.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Bring the Pain on Mayfield, Browns in 38-7 Win to Move to 5-0 on
- The Day After: Thoughts on the Steelers After Beating the Eagles, Moving on to the Browns on
- Claypool Chases Down History, Steelers Stay Perfect in 38-29 Win Over Eagles on
- Steelers Lower the Boom on Watson and the Texans, Move to 3-0 with 28-21 Win on
- Hodges Returns to the Steelers, Signs on for the Practice Squad on