Merry Christmas Steeler Nation! Make it a great and memorable one! Today we look back to 2010, the Steelers last Super Bowl season, and one that was highlighted by a big hit and a big win over their rival AFC North team in Baltimore.
As usual, it was a hard hitting game that came down to the last few minutes, with the black and gold coming out on top to move to 9-3 on the season.
Relive that game with our official game story from that fateful night – December 6th, 2010. Enjoy!
Ben Roethlisberger broke his nose. Heath Miller came out with a concussion. But through it all, the black and gold will take it.
Coach Mike Tomlin said the Steelers needed a “signature win,” and Sunday night in hostile territory, the team got it, gutting out a hard-nosed 13-10 win over the Ravens. The win puts the Steelers in sole possession in first in the AFC North with a mark of 9-3, while the Ravens drop to 8-4.
It means that the Steelers control the division, and if they win out, they are assured at worst the two-seed in the AFC, a bye, and at least one home game in the playoffs. But let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves.
As was expected, points were not easy to come by Sunday night, but it was the Steelers offense that finally found some rhythm in the second half, scoring 13 points as they got them when it counted, holding the Ravens to 3 points in the final 30 minutes.
Read the Rest of the Story HERE!
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on