While many are focused on the conditions of QB Ben Roethlisberger and WR Antonio Brown, there’s also the status of running back DeAngelo Williams and his availability for Sunday in Denver.
According to Aditi Kinkhabwala of ESPN, it seems like a longshot that Williams is going to get the chance to play Sunday:
Tomlin says "DeAngelo still on the outside looking in. I'll leave the door ajar for him." Says as savvy vet, doesn't need practice to play.
— Aditi Kinkhabwala (@AKinkhabwala) January 12, 2016
Last week two of the Steelers backup running backs – Jordan Todman and Fitzgerald Toussaint, led the team and were able to keep the run game going, grinding out 123 combined yards, which may make the decision to sit Williams easier.
Let’s keep track of the ongoing practice report, but it looks like it will again be the combo of Todman and Toussaint.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on