The Steelers need for a quality backup QB may have just gotten more interesting, as there’s another name on the market the team is being linked to – that being former Browns and Texans quarterback Brian Hoyer.
Hoyer was released by the Texans on Sunday, this after going 5-4 as a starter in nine games last season. He was awful during the teams’ wild card playoff loss to the Chiefs, throwing four picks as the Texans at home were shutout 30-0.
The Steelers know all about Hoyer, as they played him twice two seasons ago when he was the starter in Cleveland, beating him and the Browns opening day 30-27, but then in week six Hoyer threw for 217 yards and a score in a 31-10 win in Cleveland.
For Houston last season he threw 19 touchdowns, seven interceptions, and 2606 yards.
Texans have released QB Brian Hoyer. He will be in demand. Steelers among those interested in him
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 17, 2016
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on