The Steelers need for a quality backup QB may have just gotten more interesting, as there’s another name on the market the team is being linked to – that being former Browns and Texans quarterback Brian Hoyer.
Hoyer was released by the Texans on Sunday, this after going 5-4 as a starter in nine games last season. He was awful during the teams’ wild card playoff loss to the Chiefs, throwing four picks as the Texans at home were shutout 30-0.
The Steelers know all about Hoyer, as they played him twice two seasons ago when he was the starter in Cleveland, beating him and the Browns opening day 30-27, but then in week six Hoyer threw for 217 yards and a score in a 31-10 win in Cleveland.
For Houston last season he threw 19 touchdowns, seven interceptions, and 2606 yards.
Texans have released QB Brian Hoyer. He will be in demand. Steelers among those interested in him
— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) April 17, 2016
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on