The Steelers won’t have the services of offseason pickup tight end Ladarius Green for the first few weeks of the season, as today the team placed him on the PUP list.
Green has been a bust thus for the Steelers, a player they were hoping would be able to step in for the retired Heath Miller. So far Green hasn’t participated in workouts with the team.
He inked a four-year, $20 million contract this offseason, and was handed a $4.75 million dollar signing bonus. He won’t be eligible to return until after Week 6, so the earliest he can play will be the Week 7 matchup against the Patriots at Heinz Field.
Green wasn’t the only news for the black and gold on Tuesday, as the team also released safety Jacob Hagen, defensive tackle Devaunte Sigler and cornerback Kevin White.
The Steelers will have more moves to make later this week, as all teams must reduce their rosters to 53 players by Saturday, Sept. 3 at 4 p.m.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on