On a day that looked like old fashioned AFC North football with rain falling and mud flying, the Steelers turned to the services of DeAngelo Williams early and often, and the back delivered when it mattered the most.
On a key fourth quarter drive in which the club ate close to 7 minutes of clock, Williams touched the ball six times, including the 4-yard TD pass that at the time put the Steelers in control 24-9 in the eventual 24-16 win.
Williams carried the a career-high 32 times for 94 yards, and while his longest rush was just 11 yards, he was tough to bring down, and made sure every yard was a worth it.
For his efforts, and being a key reason the Steelers are 2-0, Williams earned the hard way the award of the “Steelers Gab Week Two Player of the Week” award.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on