On a day that looked like old fashioned AFC North football with rain falling and mud flying, the Steelers turned to the services of DeAngelo Williams early and often, and the back delivered when it mattered the most.
On a key fourth quarter drive in which the club ate close to 7 minutes of clock, Williams touched the ball six times, including the 4-yard TD pass that at the time put the Steelers in control 24-9 in the eventual 24-16 win.
Williams carried the a career-high 32 times for 94 yards, and while his longest rush was just 11 yards, he was tough to bring down, and made sure every yard was a worth it.
For his efforts, and being a key reason the Steelers are 2-0, Williams earned the hard way the award of the “Steelers Gab Week Two Player of the Week” award.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on