The Steelers will again be somewhat shorthanded Sunday when they take on the 1-4 Miami Dolphins in South Florida.
The team will be without the services of a couple starters – OT Marcus Gilbert (ankle), DE Cameron Heyward (hamstring) and LB Ryan Shazier (right MCL) are all out for the game.
Also out for the game is wide receiver Markus Wheaton (right shoulder) as well as safety Shamarko Thomas (groin) and OL Cody Wallace (knee).
Wheaton’s injury is big as also questionable is number two wide out Sammie Coates with a finger laceration. If Coates, who had a big day last week but also dropped a couple passes, is out, the team will sign Cobi Hamilton from their practice squad to the active roster according to the Post-Gazette.
Starting center Maurkice Pouncey was limited on Friday due to illness, but the team seems to feel he’ll go Sunday in Florida.
Robert Golden (hamstring), Justin Gilbert (knee) and Eli Rogers (turf toe) has each stated they think they will be able to take the field this week.
Fullback Roosevelt Nix (back) was also a full participant in practice all week, and could make his season debut Sunday.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on