The Steelers will again be somewhat shorthanded Sunday when they take on the 1-4 Miami Dolphins in South Florida.
The team will be without the services of a couple starters – OT Marcus Gilbert (ankle), DE Cameron Heyward (hamstring) and LB Ryan Shazier (right MCL) are all out for the game.
Also out for the game is wide receiver Markus Wheaton (right shoulder) as well as safety Shamarko Thomas (groin) and OL Cody Wallace (knee).
Wheaton’s injury is big as also questionable is number two wide out Sammie Coates with a finger laceration. If Coates, who had a big day last week but also dropped a couple passes, is out, the team will sign Cobi Hamilton from their practice squad to the active roster according to the Post-Gazette.
Starting center Maurkice Pouncey was limited on Friday due to illness, but the team seems to feel he’ll go Sunday in Florida.
Robert Golden (hamstring), Justin Gilbert (knee) and Eli Rogers (turf toe) has each stated they think they will be able to take the field this week.
Fullback Roosevelt Nix (back) was also a full participant in practice all week, and could make his season debut Sunday.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on