Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is now hoping to be able to take the practice field next week when the the Steelers return from their bye to get ready for a road game at Baltimore.
Today Ben was on the field just eight days after knee surgery to repair his left meniscus.
ESPN reports that Roethlisberger confirmed on his radio show on 93.7 The Fan that he did some individual work at practice but is not committing to a timetable for his return.
“I’m taking it day to day, but my goal is to practice next week,” said Roethlisberger, who threw passes to the tight end group early in Tuesday’s practice, according to tight end Xavier Grimble.
He added on his show that he hopes eventually he’ll reach a point at which he’s not thinking about the knee and is playing with a clear conscience.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on