Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is now hoping to be able to take the practice field next week when the the Steelers return from their bye to get ready for a road game at Baltimore.
Today Ben was on the field just eight days after knee surgery to repair his left meniscus.
ESPN reports that Roethlisberger confirmed on his radio show on 93.7 The Fan that he did some individual work at practice but is not committing to a timetable for his return.
“I’m taking it day to day, but my goal is to practice next week,” said Roethlisberger, who threw passes to the tight end group early in Tuesday’s practice, according to tight end Xavier Grimble.
He added on his show that he hopes eventually he’ll reach a point at which he’s not thinking about the knee and is playing with a clear conscience.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on