The Steelers made a move last September adding former Cleveland Browns first-round pick Justin Gilbert to the roster, and in just one season they determined he wasn’t worthy of a roster spot despite his draft status.
Today the team released Gilbert, a player who never lived up to the hype and likely will have a tough time finding future work in the NFL.
Wow. #Steelers release CB Justin Gilbert. Remember: the Browns made him the 8th overall pick less than three years ago.
— Aditi Kinkhabwala (@AKinkhabwala) February 6, 2017
Gilbert didn’t do all that much for the Steelers after the Browns traded him to Pittsburgh in a rare inter-divisional move in early September.
He returned some kicks in the postseason for the black and gold, but didn’t do much in terms of their defense and most of the season ended up on the inactive list.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on