The Steelers are bringing back tight end Xavier Grimble, a player who was set to be an exclusive rights free agent, meaning he couldn’t have signed with another club unless the Steelers forfeited its rights to him.
Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review says that Grimble will ink a one-year deal with the team.
Last season the 24-year-old pulled in 11 catches for 118 yards and two touchdowns. He played in 11 games as well as all three playoff games but didn’t have a catch.
In his career Grimble has also played with Giants, 49ers and Patriots in his career.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on