“Several teams” have inquired on the availability of wide receiver Antonio Brown, but the Steelers have said “hell no” according to Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report.
As well they should. Despite all of the “antics” that have been talked about in the last month, Brown remains one of the elite receivers in the NFL and is an will remain a fixture in Pittsburgh. Steelers president Art Rooney II has already said an extension for Brown is a priority as the 28-year-old wideout has clearly outperformed his current contract signed in 2012. Without the extension, Brown will play 2017 for $8.71 million-an outrageously low salary given his production-and would be eligible for free agency in 2018.
In an interview with Freeman included in the article, Brown acknowledged that he has “some growing up to do”. There is no doubt he will be doing that growing up in Pittsburgh.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on
- Video – Steelers Defense Spooky Highlights: A Nightmare in Pittsburgh on