Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley may need the week off that the Steelers earned going 13-3 this season more than others, as reports say that the OC suffered a shattered pelvis and a a badly bruised left side during a fall on New Years Eve.
According to the report, Haley “spent two days in a hospital for injuries he sustained after reportedly being shoved outside the North Shore bar.”
“The situation, though not of my doing, has been made clear to me by the Steelers that it is a non-issue to both the team and the Steelers organization,” Haley said. “My sole focus is on preparing for next week’s playoff game, so it won’t be addressed further.”
Haley declined to take any questions about the incident in which police say his wife, Chrissy, was also involved. There were reports that Haley was shoved to the ground by an unknown assailant after he and his wife had dinner and drinks New Year’s Eve at Tequila Cowboy.
No charges have been filed and Haley returned to work with the Steelers Wednesday. He has been able to walk around and coach with only a slight limp.
It is not expected to hurt the team’s performance one bit. Not for a team that has been through so much this season.
Here’s hoping that the OC will be okay and will recover for next Sunday’s home playoff affair against an opponent we will know by Sunday night.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on