Ben Roethlisberger has made no secret of his desire to face the Jaguars again after they picked him off five times in getting a 30-9 win at Heinz Field back in October.
Now that Jacksonville has advanced to face the Steelers again in the divisional round of the playoff, however, one member of the secondary wants Roethlisberger to know that feeling is mutual. Cornerback A.J. Bouye, Adam Bittner of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.
Here is what Bouye said per Jacksonville.com:
“Be careful what you wish for,” Bouye said, one day after the Jaguars beat Buffalo 10-3 to set up a rematch Sunday in Pittsburgh. “This is what he wanted, so this is what he is going to get.”
“We remember [the Week 5 game],” Bouye said. “We know they are going to be motivated. We are, too. Everybody thinks we’re not going to do it again. We know what we’re capable of. We’re looking forward to it.”
Bouye did not pick off a pass in the win against the Steelers, but he does have a team-leading six interceptions this season.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on
- Could TE Vance McDonald Be on the Chopping Block for the Steelers This Offseason? on