To the surprise of no one, the Steelers have officially named Delvin Hodges as the starter for Sunday’s key AFC North home game against the Cleveland Browns.
Mike Tomlin made the announcement to kickoff his usual Tuesday press conference.
“Like I talked about after the game, I thought he provided us a spark,” Tomlin said. “It’s due to a lot of things, I got a lot of patience for young guys, but one thing we have to do is protect the ball. Once we gave him (Hodges) the opportunity he took care of the ball.
“That’s were the decision lies, we’ll see where we are after this game.”
Hodges played well in the second half against the Bengals, throwing a touchdowns pass to James Washington and leading two more scoring drives in the eventual 16-10 win.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens QB Jackson Has Positive Test for Covid-19; Sunday’s Game Against Steelers in Serious Doubt on
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on