To the surprise of no one, the Steelers have officially named Delvin Hodges as the starter for Sunday’s key AFC North home game against the Cleveland Browns.
Mike Tomlin made the announcement to kickoff his usual Tuesday press conference.
“Like I talked about after the game, I thought he provided us a spark,” Tomlin said. “It’s due to a lot of things, I got a lot of patience for young guys, but one thing we have to do is protect the ball. Once we gave him (Hodges) the opportunity he took care of the ball.
“That’s were the decision lies, we’ll see where we are after this game.”
Hodges played well in the second half against the Bengals, throwing a touchdowns pass to James Washington and leading two more scoring drives in the eventual 16-10 win.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on