While it was just a matter of time for it to happen this season with a mark of 11-1, the Steelers Sunday officially reached one of their goals, as they are headed back to the postseason for the first time in two seasons after a loss in the 1pm games by the Miami Dolphins at home to the Kansas City Chiefs.
Miami held a 10-0 lead over Pat Mahomes and the defending Super Bowl champs, but per usual it was Mahomes and the Chiefs with the last laugh, rallying to build an eventual 30-10 lead and hanging on for a 33-27 win.
The win by the Chiefs does the Steelers no favors, as it puts them at 12-1, right now 1/2 game ahead of the Steelers for the top AFC spot depending on the outcome of the Steelers Sunday night game against Buffalo.
— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) December 13, 2020
The Steelers are hopeful that they can beat the Bills and have the Browns lose to the Ravens in Cleveland Monday.
If that happens the Steelers not only would be in the playoffs, they would also clinch the AFC North.
The last Steelers playoff appearance did not end so well, that coming in 2017 when they lost in the AFC Divisional round to the Jacksonville Jaguars, falling at home 45-42.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Embarrassed Right Out of the Playoffs, Spot Cleveland a 28-0 Lead in Eventual 48-37 Loss on
- Kevin Colbert Reportedly Close to Leaving the Steelers For Lions on
- Tomlin Talks Covid, Players Coming Back and Who Might Be Able to Go for the Steelers Sunday on
- Next Day Thoughts: A Spirited Comeback, Pouncey’s Speech, What to do Against Cleveland on
- A Nightmare Before Christmas: Steelers Blow Chance to Clinch AFC North with Awful 27-17 Loss to Bengals on