ESPN’s James Walker answered today the question about if there are any shutdown corners in the free agent market that the Steelers may go after. Here was his answer:
No one unrestricted really catches my eye, Shawn. Most “shutdown” — i.e. elite — corners never hit the free-agent market, because they’re such a rare commodity. But last month I mentioned an intriguing trade scenario involving San Diego Chargers cornerback Antonio Cromartie that I think the Steelers should explore. He’s in the final year of his rookie contract at a relatively affordable salary. The Chargers reportedly are interested in getting something for Cromartie before he bolts (no pun intended), and Cromartie will be hungry to have a great 2010 season while in a contract year. It could be a win-win for both teams if the asking price is reasonable.
Ok, so what would the Steelers give up James? A draft pick maybe, but to me that would be it.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on