The Ravens seem to have their eyes on a bunch of aging players that they think are going to be the key to making a run at the Super Bowl next season. Earlier today the rumor had them interested in former Eagles RB Brian Westbrook, and now there are reports they are interested in mouthy wide out Terrell Owens, who will be a free agent come next week.
“We’re interested in T.O.,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said at the Scouting Combine. “We’re interested in all the guys who can make us better.”
Would Owens really make the Ravens all that better? He showed signs of age throughout 2009 while playing for the underachieving Bills, and now a trip to Baltimore isn’t going to revive his career in anyway. To me, it’s always funny how teams think a name player that has had better days will change their fate.
While I think if Westbrook ends up in Baltimore it could help them, but he has to stay healthy. As for Owens, his best days are long gone, and if the Ravens want to spend a decent amount of money on him, which is what it’s gonna take, and have to put up with his mouth – go right ahead.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on