After it appearing that he was the next big target the Steelers wanted to sign, a report now out says the Steelers are going to let safety Ryan Clark test the free agent market:
The Pittsburgh Steelers plan to let safety Ryan Clark to test the free agent market, according to an NFL source. That stance has come about as the team has been discussing a contract with Clark’s representative. Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert has identified Clark as a core player the team wants to re-sign. At this point, though, there’s nothing concrete to indicate that a deal is imminent as talks haven’t progressed quickly. Talks haven’t been cut off, but Clark is expected to reach unrestricted free agent status.
It wouldn’t be a shock to see Clark price himself out of the Steelers range based on the comments of his agent who said that his client was the best safety in the business. Then again, after seeing the lack of interest that could be out there for Clark, it would not be a surprise to see him come back to the Steelers for less money.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on