Here’s the official list of the unrestricted and restricted free agents for the Steelers as the free agency period kicks off on Tuesday.
Tackle Willie Colon
Defensive End Nick Eason
Guard Trai Essex
Linbacker Keyaron Fox
Cornerback William Gay
Nose Tackle Chris Hoke
Defensive Back Anthony Madison
Running Back Mewelde Moore
Tackle Jonathan Scott
Punter Daniel Sepulveda
Tight End Matt Spaeth
Kicker Shaun Suisham
Defensive Back Ike Taylor
Long Snapper Greg Warren
Quarterback Dennis Dixon
Tackle Tony Hills
Right away the name that sticks out is Taylor. The team wants him back, and while the rumor is that the Eagles will take a long look at him, the Steelers will reach out to him and offer him a solid deal. If he takes it is another story.
Willie Colon is another solid name on the list, but his own agent has already said the Steelers haven’t reached out to his client, and it sounds like he will be on another team in 2011, which is a shame as he was playing well before getting hurt before last season.
It’s odd to see two kickers on the list, with both place kicker Shaun Suisham and punter Daniel Sepulveda able to go wherever they please. My bet is they ink them both, as Suisham kicked well after the team dumped Jeff Reed. The club likes what Sepulveda does when he’s 100 percent, but that’s been his issue.
Show Your Team Spirit
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Steelers Continues To Overhaul Receiving Corps With Johnny Holton Signing on
- Antonio Brown Thanks Fans in Pittsburgh by Buying Ads on Local Billboards on
- Former Steelers LB Joey Porter the Latest to Call Out Ben Roethlisberger on
- Video: ESPN’s ‘First Take’ Says Brown and Roethlisberger Need to Stop the Drama on
- Will The Playoffs Be Achievable For The Steelers This Season? on