The Steelers have found themselves a backup TE for Heath Miller, coming to terms with free agent tight end John Gilmore. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
The 31-year-old Gilmore has 52 receptions for 524 yards and five touchdowns during his nine-year career with the Bears and Buccaneers, where Gilmore has caught 31 passes for 330 yards and two touchdowns over the last three seasons.
Gilmore will backup Miller, a spot the Steelers have been trying to address since losing Matt Spaeth to the Bears.
In addition to Gilmore, the Steelers announced that veteran long-snapper Greg Warren has agreed to a two-year contract. Warren has handled the Steelers’ snapping duties since 2005.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on