New York picked up former Ravens WR Derrick Mason. Coach Rex Ryan said that Cotchery asked to be traded or released.
The 29-year-old was taken in the fourth round by the Jets out of North Carolina State in 2004 and worked his way into the Jets’ starting lineup after a few seasons. Sure-handed and consistent, he has 353 career catches for 4,474 yards and 18 touchdowns.
Cotchery will be in the mix as a likely 3-4th wide out in the rotation, behind starters Hines Ward and Mike Wallace. Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders, two star rookies from last season, will be in the mix as well.
He’s going to get a chance to make an impact right now, as Ward was just recently activated off the physically-unable-to perform list after having offseason thumb surgery and Sanders had foot surgery this offseason.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Wide Out Diontae Johnson Ready to Be a Star for the Steelers in 2020 on
- What’s the Status of the Steelers Receiving Core as Free Agency Closes In? on
- Steelers News, Updates, & Odds on
- Mike Tomlin Defends Rudolph, Blasts ESPN, Comments on AB on “First Take” on
- GM Kevin Colbert Says “All Signs Are Good” Regarding Ben Roethlisberger’s Injured Elbow on