Not long after his agent said “Unless something happens, he will play this week,” linebacker James Harrison said he will not.
Harrison in a Twitter message this evening:
“Saw the doctor today. Looks like I won’t be playing this weekend but at least I’m cleared for practice.”
Earlier, agent Bill Prise said “I think that is possible” that Harrison wojuld play against Baltimore Sunday night.
“Unless something happens, he will play this week,” Parise said.
Harrison went on to write on his Facebook page: “Worst case scenario, I’ll be back after the bye for sure.”
Injury-riddled LB corps: On top of Harrison missing the showdown with the Ravens and LaMarr Woodley possibly sitting out the big game, 15th-year linebacker James Farrior has a torn calf muscle that could keep him out another month.
Young bucks: Looks like defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau will have to count on rookie fifth-round selection Chris Carter (Fresno State) at linebacker come Sunday night. The 6-foot-1, 248-pound Carter, who was the WAC’s Defensive Player of the Year in 2010, registered his first regular season tackle last week in Arizona and tallied a pair of stops Sunday against New England.
As for the other young buck, Jason Worilds, he has been inactive the past four weeks with a quad injury. Worilds is a 6-foot-2, 262-pound second-year pro who was drafted out of the second round from Virginia Tech.
Sports Gab Network
Show Your Team Spirit
Get Your Steelers Tickets
Steelers Gab Newsletter
Sign up to receive our Steelers Gab newsletter, and keep up to date with all the latest Pittsburgh Steelers news.
- Ravens to Be Minus Two Key RB’s in Thursday’s Game Against Steelers on
- Could a Different Back be the Answer to the Struggling Steelers Run Game? on
- Steelers Lay an Old Fashioned Beat Down on Burrow and the Bengals in 36-10 Win to Move to 9-0 on
- The Debate on if the Steelers Should Sit Ben Roethlisberger on Sunday is Insane on
- Video – Steelers Defense Spooky Highlights: A Nightmare in Pittsburgh on